Thursday, December 13, 2012

An open letter to those who love me. (And who care to read)


"Jump. Leap. Embrace. Experience. Feel. Hope. Relinquish. Forgive. Love!"

For the past year I have yearned for a life of adventure. I have molted. I have shed insecurities and gained strength. I have become more self aware. I have learned to Love better. I have not lost myself. I have not become easily swayed. I have not lost intention.

With this new person I am forming I have chosen a path that is exciting and new. Doubt isn't allowed here. Critical thinking is a constant but it is coupled with loving kindness.

For once in my entire life I am jumping in. Embracing what will come. Experiencing something I deserve. Allowing myself to feel all the giddy, girlish, happy, lovely, sweet, wonderful feelings. Letting hope fill the air and permeate my home. I am relinquishing all fear and breaking the walls. I am forgiving the past and only looking forward to the future. And I am absolutely and completely in-LOVE

Life is this crazy mix of wonder and hurt. Both are inevitable. But to guard against either one and not allow them their due course in your life is to deprive oneself.

I am learning to embrace it all. Heartbreak from lost friends. Hugs from my neices and nephews. Inflicted Guilt. A first Kiss. A text from a friend that makes me smile. Misunderstandings that lead to tears. ALL OF IT!

I do not go into any of it with a notion that life will be perfect or that it will be easy. I am simply embracing the option to open myself up. Completely.

I am starting a new journey. It is weird and fast and splendidly amazing. I love those who love me but want you to know I will be ok. I am strong and wise and can get through a lot. Especially because I have people like you who care so much.

But I beg of you to trust me. Know that I do not enter into anything without thinking. Thinking is what I do. But along with that is a heart of whimsy. An adventureous spirit and a longing for a story to tell. I am writing my story and this chapter is going to be fantastical, I promise.

"...Living is Grand."

2 comments:

  1. I love this...

    "For once in my entire life I am jumping in. Embracing what will come. Experiencing something I deserve. Allowing myself to feel all the giddy, girlish, happy, lovely, sweet, wonderful feelings. Letting hope fill the air and permeate my home. I am relinquishing all fear and breaking the walls. I am forgiving the past and only looking forward to the future. And I am absolutely and completely in-LOVE"

    I think you should definitely continue this path of being shameless, fearless and allowing whatever is meant to come, come in….Happiness and total freedom awaits!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, My Love!

    Thank you SO much. Your Affirmation is priceless. All of this is so easy to write down but the practice of boldness is an entirely different beast.

    You are lovely & Im excited to read about YOU. Heading there now.

    <3

    ReplyDelete