Thursday, March 15, 2012

30 WHILE 30

I turn 30 in T-Minus 33 minutes. I believe my body and soul and mind are in shock. There were moments throughout today where I thought I would lose it and start crying hysterically. I'd then choke it down and think, "I feel fine...You're FINE." Then I'd get a pit in my stomach and want to just go lay down. But I barreled on through and had a lovely last day of my 20's dinner with a friend.

The truth is I've been saying I'm 30 for months now. My mother, who I'm certain didn't like to think of her baby as being that old, would keep saying, "Krystle, you aren't 30, stop saying that." To which I'd reply, "I'm just getting ready for it, I'm almost there anyway." So I have been preparing myself for this day probably from the moment I turned 29. Knowing that this big milestone of a year would be fast approaching and I needed to be ok with it.

I think under any other circumstances I WOULD NOT be ready for it. You see, last year at this time I was in a commited relationship which I believed was headed to marriage. In society, I felt, if a woman was in-love and working towards a career and on her way to the altar then she was doing damn good for a 30 year old. BOY OH BOY could I have been more of a 1950's backwards thinker?

If I hadn't been so unhappy in Love I wouldn't know now that in truth, I'm not looking for Love or Marriage or Even the best most prestigious career at this point. I want to live my life with passion and excitement and purpose. I want to cross things off a life-long goal list and say, "I'm amazing and interesting because I interest myself! If I were a stranger in a room, I would want to know me because I make myself happy everyday. And who doesn't want to know someone who lives life fully?" I want to Make my 30's the best years of my life. I want to look back and not regret a single missed opportunity for joy and peace.

So here it is. The beginning of this Gutsy, Gusto driven Girl. Who Checks things off with flare and excitement. Who gets things done and has lots of smiles to show for it.

HERE IS MY 30 WHILE 30 List:

1. Run a Half Marathon
2. Have a BMI of 20-24
3. Adopt more Healthy Eating Habits
4. Audition for The Voice
5 Go to Ireland
6. Go on 10 first dates
7. Talk to my Mom once a day. And Call my out of town family At least Once a week.
8. Master A, D, G, & Em on Bandit (My Guitar)
9. Blog once a week
10.Try to obtain a larger audience for my blog
11.Learn photoshop/editing/web stuffs to create a better blog
12.Volunteer somewhere once a month or more. Be integrated fully to where I am a face remembered and not just a random helper
13.Take someone who needs it (homeless etc.)to eat once a month
14. Create a budget
15. Start a savings
16. Read 20 books
17. Find a Hot-Air Balloon Internship
18. Talk to Creative Services Dept, Learn more about becoming a promotions Director
19. Study a religious work once a week. Alternate
20. Be creative 3x a week.
21. Write More Love Letters
22. Journal DAILY!
23. BE A GUEST BLOGGER FOR Stratejoy!
24. Start Each Day with Love and Positivity Towards myself.
25. Write a song
26. Audition for more plays etc. With no intent of beign in them, just for the experience.
27. Learn to Dance to where you can be confident when do choregraphed moves
28. Be social media free 1 day a week
29. Be more organized
30. REMIND YOURSELF WHEN THINGS START GETTING BEHIND THAT THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING AND THIS YEAR WILL BE AMAZING!!!

So there it is! My goals for my 30th year. I know it won't be easy, but I know now that life has been begging me to play with it for far too long and it's about time I pick up that ball and get it rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment