Friday, June 22, 2012

Someone Special to Me: My Soul Sister


 (Why am I strangling her? I don't really Know)




Habibti (Arabic): Said to a woman who is a beloved friend

The first time I heard this phrase was at a church camp. It was explained to me as someone who is a peice of you. A friend who completes you and is attached to your heart in unexplainable ways.

That is what MIss Kathleen Mounts is to me.

She is not only my best friend, she is a person who speaks to my heart and knows my soul better than anyone I have ever met. When you get to a certain age you think I have made all of my closest friends. I may meet new people but they will not attach themselves to my heart in the ways that my dearest friends have already. Silly me for thinking that. Because this woman was a God sent.

It's a funny story actually. We were set up on a blind friend date. Our mutual friend called me to say Kathleen was moving to town and wondered if I would be interested in hanging out with her. I said "OF COURSE!" and a time was soon scheduled. We saw RENT the broadway show in the theatre and ate at Rubios. She was so sweet and wonderful and I knew right from the start we would be great friends. And it only took a couple weeks to know our friendship was going to be unlike any other I had ever had.

Kathleen is amazing. Really, words cannot describe just how special this woman is. I'm going to write this a little differently. I'm going to talk about the amazing things she has said to me that make me love her so much. And through this, I am sure, you will love her too.

One night after hours of talking about Love and what it means. She said something along the lines of, "If someone murdered my family I'd like to think that I could look past their crime and Love the person they are." Basically saying that one action does not define a persons whole life. And that God loves people despite their flaws. That she would like to love that way. And in turn, I TOO wanted to Love that way. (Sidenote: We both said that this would be one of the hardest things to do ever. We aren't saints or anything) Her heart is so Lovely and beautiful and it brings me to tears sometimes.

We were walking along and there was a weed that had grown through the cracks of the stucco and cement in the wall/ceiling. She said, "I Love that. I love that the power of nature will always overcome man-made things." I mean, seriously. This woman finds beauty in the darkest places. Weeds that others would find as an annoyance she sees as the vast power of God's creation. Things no one else would give a second thought, she ponders and finds worth in. Her mind is full of wealth and goodness for the things that truly matter in this world and I am honored to be a part of her musings.

And just this afternoon when describing a perfect day with her love, it included things like Volunteering and reading and napping and making cookies. She finds bliss in the ordinary. Not ordinary as to say mundane and not worthy, but rather to say that those are the things that make this life full and amazing. I've lived a life wanting to to grand things to be the center of attention and have lots of friends. And she has lived this life taking pleasure in the little things and she has done far more in acheiving bliss and happiness.  

Kathleen, You are my best friend. Your presence in my life has been nothing short of Magnificent. You inspire me EVERY TIME I see you or talk to you or get a text from you. You are so smart and have a way with words that leaves me in awe at times. You never lash out. You share my emotional instability but manage to hone in on how to express it in a sane way :) I cry just talking about how much I miss you sometimes. Your intuition into me is unmatched and you have always been an amazing encourager. I'm not sure how I ever lived this life without you in it, I honestly mean that. To know that someone will understand exactly how I feel and even help me make sense out of it in logical but understanding ways is a gift not a lot of people have the oppotunity to experience. And I have YOU!

I promise I will try to be even a fraction of the friend to you that you are to me. That's a tall order because of how ridiculously amazing you are, but I'm giving it my all just hoping it will serve you well. You are my heart and I LOVE YOU more than words can ever describe. You deserve everything, EVER and I'm blessed beyond measure that God had our paths merge and I get to spend the rest of this life with you in it.


Love,

Krystle

P.S. SHE JUST GOT ENGAGED!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment