Friday, July 13, 2012

I want to be your best friend.


I find worth in being a confidant. In having a friend call me in the middle of the night to talk. I derive joy from knowing I am trusted and a safe place. My heart leaps when someone says "I find you easy to talk to." My heart is their home and all this self growth is my attempt at keeping our place tidy.

I say I am a good friend. I try to be. But there sure as the color blue (Why is the saying "sure as hell" not everyone even believes in hell so that's not a very certain thing to compare it to) Anyway, There are times I fail and become selfish. But, I REALLY try to do my best.

*segue*

There have been men in my life whom at one point I fancied. I thought they were dreamy and thought about the cute little family we'd have and the whitty amazing life we'd create. I'm a girl. We are silly like that.

These daydreams didn't come to reality, however something even more amazing happened. Something that I prefer to a fleeting romance. I became a best friend. We say "I Love You" and have a bond no one can break. And THAT brings this life purpose and Happiness.

Don't get me wrong. I still would like to have someone make their heart MY home and be MY confidant etc. And...well...sex would be nice to. But in looking back on the fake scenarios I created and compare that to the relationships I have formed since I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm going to try and focus on this knowing that, as one of my faves Ralph Waldo Emerson says, "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."


2 comments:

  1. We girls are very silly like that but what fun we have in the midst of it all! I'm so glad you're able to continue your relationships with former loves ... and still love them! Mr. Right is out there waiting for you Krystle ... what a lucky man he is! Thanks for sharing girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Former "crushes" would be more fitting. They never returned the romantic aspect, but our friendships are amazing :)I hope Mr. Man is waiting for me. But working on being ok if he isnt. Thank you for reading Kim!!

      Delete