Saturday, September 8, 2012

Someone Special to Me: My Baby D











It's been awhile since I shared someone whom I love with the world. And seeing as this person is one of the most important people in my life AND it's almost her 21st birthday I figured she would be a good candidate.

This, my friends, is my Baby D!

She is my Baby Sister. Almost 10 years younger than I but my absolute best friend! She is the one person in this whole world who knows my heart better than I do. She is always, ALWAYS there for me and I couldn't be more grateful for the gift she is to me.


Deanna Denise Austin is one of the most charismatic and magnetic humans on this earth. People are drawn to her charm and infectious smile. She radiates confidence and I honestly think she could start a cult in the morning and have 100 followers by lunch. She has a passion for life that cannot be squelched and her heart is so big.

My baby sister has had to deal with a lot of adversity in this crazy life. She has fought with demons and overcome hate. She has struggled and courageously become the amazing woman she is today and she is still triumphing to become the woman she will be. With all of this her love for others has remained pure and intact. She, like me, doesn't know how to quit on those she loves. She is so beautiful.

Baby D is so brave! She moved half way across the country at 19 years old and made a life of her own. Something I have never done at age 30. She knows what she wants and she does it. Sometimes (to be honest) it is a little bit on the inconsiderate side, however, she is young and this life is all she has. I am proud of her for living it to the fullest. For hopping trains and befriending strangers ;)

Deanna Denise, Baby D, Baby Sister, You are my ultimate best friend. You and I have a bond unlike anything I have ever experienced. I Love You beyond words. So this post is doing a great disservice, but I'll try anyway. I love how you know how I'm feeling before I can even say it. I love that you know my heart and have to tell me what is good for me when I don't know. I love that I can call you and say random things like "waiting for an absolution that will never come....what is that from" and you will say "Titanic". You are such a deep thinker and I love that we can spend hours talking about any topic. I couldnt' have made it through this life or in this family without you as my side-kick, my confidant and my partner. I often feel that I owe you so much. That your intuition into my being and willingness to be there for me at any turn are sorely unmatched. I only hope I can be the big sister you deserve and that I have taught you at least something worthy. You really do own my heart baby sister. I didn't know 21 years ago when you were born a month too early and vastly under weight that you would be the one person in this life that meant I had something worth living for. I have someone who cares for me and loves me. I have someone whom I love more and more with each year we share together. In this life you always hope you can find someone who gets it. Who knows what you find funny and who understands WHY you think it's funny. Who understand why that makes you cry, or how to make you feel better.

I'll never forget a time when I wanted to run though the sprinklers at our Alma Mater and my then boyfriend wouldn't do it with me. I looked at you and said "Do you want to run through the sprinklers?" to which you replied, "Not really. But I will do it with you." I knew then that I would always have someone to go on adventures with because I had you. And that I had someone who would do something they didnt' want to do, just because it would make me happy. And that is the most priceless gift anyone can have.

Thank You SO MUCH My Beautiful Baby Sister! Lets go do something you want to do , just because I love your smile SO MUCH and want to do ANYTHING to make you happy.

Love Always,

Your Big Sister







4 comments:

  1. Beste Krystle,
    no secrets left in the closet,what a tidal wave of sentiment toward your sister.
    I admire true family relationships, especially between siblings.I never wanted such relationships with my sisters, they are strangers to me.I don't feel like I've missed their involvement in my life and I've never ever wanted a close relationship with anyone in my family.I take my own family for granted, they have a relationship with me through my parents, both are now deceased.End of confession.
    A thought:

    Someone who will understand
    Who knows the way I feel
    In every situation
    Her concern is very real
    Someone who walks my ways
    Who knows my every need
    Times when she would see me cry
    Her heart would nearly bleed
    Everyone should have a ?(sister)
    Just the way I do
    Richly blessed is what I am
    To have a ? (sister) like you.
    Groetjes Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful display of your adoration for your sister! I hope she has a wonderful birthday. It's awesome that you found a soul mate in your sis - totally sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffrey:

    THANK YOU so much for that lovely sentiment in mine and my sister's honor. It was beautiful. I am very blessed to have a great relationship with my baby sister, however, I am not so lucky with all my siblings. I understand family turmoil as well. You are brave to know what it is best for you and do it.

    Thank you again for your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICOLE!!

    I <3 seeing you here. It is very awesome to have found that. I hope your sis had a FANTASTIC birthday as well and you guys lived it up!

    ReplyDelete