Thursday, September 19, 2013

Your new best friend is you!



She comes walking in and you think, "I'm SO HAPPY to see her." Her smile lights you up and you return the gesture in abundance. As you walk along laughing and talking all you know is that she is your best friend and she makes your life better.

I get out of the car and catch a glimpse of myself in the window. "This shirt makes me look like a heffer," "I really should do my hair more often," "Make-up! Why do I neglect it so?!" I shrug my shoulders and continue on to meet my best friend. Her smile lights me up inside.


I don't know about you, but I NEVER think of my friends in a superficial way. That's what love imparts. You love them. Their heart, their character. The rest DOES NOT matter. You view your loved ones with a deeper meaning. Even thinking of disliking them or judging them based on their appearance is a seriously ridiculous notion.

So, why then, do we do this to ourselves DAILY?!

We should most definitely treat ourselves with the same tender accepting love that we offer to those around us. It should be JUST AS INSANE to look upon our form with judgement and criticism.

For some reason, when faced with a reflection, we become a shell of a person. All we see is our exterior features. We forget that we are lovely for so many reasons that are more than just what can be seen with a cursory glance.

So I call us all to remember we are more than an outward reflection. If only that mirror also flashed at you, "You are so kind", and "Your smile makes other people smile...EVERY TIME", and "Your heart is brave", Then maybe we would remember that that zit and extra weight is not what we are really made up of.

So I say look in the mirror and put content back in that superficial view of yourself. Put yourself in context. If you forego make-up say, "That sleep was SO worth it." And walk confidently through the day knowing that rest is important to you and judgement from others doesn't matter.

Judgement from yourself though, that matters. That even kills. So please battle your inner voices with positivity and love yourself the way you love everyone else. Believe me, You deserve it!

4 comments:

  1. Krystle you brought up SO many good points. Why don't we love ourselves in the same way we love others. This really really made me think. Your posts always do that. Have a wonderful and positive day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad my minds ponderings can inspire thinking thoughts in others! Seriously, THE BEST COMPLIMENT I can receive. I DID have a wonderful day :) I hope your yesterday was equally wonderful and your today is even better!

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete