Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Never Doubt You Future Husband


We'll fight. We'll be fluent in button pushing and forked tongue word-age. Sometimes you will tell me I'm too emotional (Because truthfully, I can be) And there will be days that I will interpret your young spirit as Man-childish and nag accordingly.

But I'll never doubt our Love.

I don't like doing dishes. Or folding laundry. Our home will look like a scene from Grey Gardens. You will tell me you've had enough and I will be stubborn. You will drive too fast. You will curse like a sailor and my delicate sensibilities will be affronted. I will call you out, and you will be defensive.

But our Love will never be called into question.

Sometimes we will misunderstand. Because fully understanding another person is near impossible. We are complex creatures, Love. We will try to make eachother see our points. We will try to open our eyes and hearts. We will do a tango all too familiar and end up sore and prostrate on the dance floor.

But we will never lose faith in our Love.

I have never felt more loved than this, Future Husband. Even our dark times seem full of light because our Love is radiant. You fill my heart with laugther and smiles far more than sadness. My belief in your brilliance far outweighs my sporadic jabs at immaturity. I'll take your old t-shirts along with the trust I have in you. You'll dry my frequent tears because you know my sensitive heart is one of the reasons you love me.

Know this, Future Husband, I don't doubt us. I may get upset. We may disagree. But that is all part of loving someone. Two imperfect people creating something beautiful.

I Love You.

Love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I have popped over to your blog and must say, you too write of beautiful things. Following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much :) I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete