Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twenty Twelve



I think it is blogger mandate to write a poignant ending-of-the-year-looking-to-the-new-one post. And I don't do things just to fit in, or to live up to the status quo...at least I didn't think so. But here I am anyway :)

In 2012 came this beautiful outlook and life which spawned from one of my lowest points. To transform so much in just one year and literally feel ALL THE FEELINGS makes it one that will never be forgotten. A year that I will always look back on as a valley that I traversed up and out of to a precipice where I took a flying leap and that is where 2013 finds me.

I have grown in bravery. I have fought the negativity. And I have learned the art of acceptance and intention.

HOWEVER

2012 has also taught me that I still care SO MUCH what people think. My emotions are chain-linked to the perceptions of others. "What are they going to say? What do I say to them when they say that thing? They are going to judge me, I just know it." Even when picturing my life. MY future. I think "what will be most impressive" It's always things I want to do. But I think, "If I don't do them. If I'm not impressive or don't have a great story to tell, Then I'm a failure"

I catch myself constantly making decisions based on the projected reactions/responses of others. This is, in part, due to the fact that my intuition is like a spidey-sense. It's kinda my super-power. You can't lie to me. I'll catch you. And It's REALLY hard to surprise me. (ok...maybe super-power is going too far)

Either way, using this "gift" all the time causes me to be weary.

I am not responsible for others reactions. I am only responsible for my own intentions.

Which brings me to the second fold of this gorgeous free-fall I am currently in the midst of.

I am SUCH A BRAT!

It's true.

I always knew it to be the case. I was rarely told "No" growing up. However, I have spent a long time trying to shed my ridiculous sense of entitlement. So to realize it's still just as prevelent as before only exists in different forms is all kinds of disconcerting.

So here goes.

2013 I am soaring right into you. And with my new found wings come some new intentions for the year.

My Intention words/Theme for this year is:

CREATIVE HARMONY

I need to shed my need for approval yet gain the keys to unity. It sounds lofty. But I believe in both. I also want to continue on the path that this blog was founded on. That of infusing creativity into my every day life.

So there it is. I shall paste these words in my home. Wake up to them daily and remind myself of them throughout the year. I can only imagine how wonderful this year will be.

I am constantly learning this girl and I like her more each day.

I also have a man in my life that is willing to go through the muck with me. Dig in his heels and not give up. He teaches me about love every day. EVERY DAY. The girl who has made Love her mission is learning more regarding the depths of Love from a man whose intent is just to love her fully.

You are going to be amazing 2013!

2012 set you up for a Win!


**What are YOUR intentions for the year? What word(s) depict the year you'd like to live? Adventure? Embrace? Shed? Feel free to share!**

2 comments:

  1. My goal is to exist beyond intention. While a life of good intentions and meaning is amazing, it's a path I cannot call my own. :) Chickadee you are amazing and creative. You have more harmony within you than you did when I first moved in with you. You put up with me for this long and for that I'm grateful. with much love and thankfulness. Cheers to 2013. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing and gorgeous person Kathleen! I have adored every minute of living with you. You have helped me grow and learn. Thank you for always being there with encouragement, Dear. I appreciate it more than you know.

    ReplyDelete