Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Love is Special To Me!






This is Love. Not like she is God or anything, though I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you believed so. But, I mean, that is her name. At least it is to me. She is also my sister. Some may put a "step" at the beginning but to me she is on the single level, equal to me and does not require that adjective.

She has always cared about me beyond words. Taken interest in my life and made me feel important. When we were little she would quiz me on my NSYNC knowledge and ask me questions like "Who would you rather date? Devon Sawa or Elijah Wood?" (Umm Elijah!) She was more than just an annoying little siter. (Pick your own cereal!) She was and IS one of my very best good friends.

Love was kinda shy as a kid. But was SO MUCH FUN when at home. She could make me laugh and bring me out of a funk in a matter of seconds. And I always thought, "I wish everyone saw this side of her."

Then something happened. I wasn't there. I didn't see it. I'm assuming it was gradual. But it happened. She started letting other people see how amazing she was/is. She started shedding her guard and saying innapropriate things. It.Was.AWESOME.

Love IS an amazing person. She has an incredible sense of family and spent the first years of adulthood working her ass off while going to school so she could help support her dad. She took on responsibility no 19 year old should have to. When she should be out playing with friends and drinking a bit, she was riding the bus to the doctor and figuring shit out.

Love loves SO MUCH. She's not all loud about it like me. But she does. Her heart is so full of the people in her life. She would do anything to help them. She would forego her own happiness to see someone else smile...

And Love makes people smile, ALL THE TIME! She lights up any room she is in. With crazy antics or confusing metaphors. She makes every single person in the room feel like they are just as fun and important as anyone else in the room. She does not know a stranger. ANY place she frequents, i.e. doctors office, restaurant, gas station etc. knows her. And not just like a "Oh hey, I see that girl sometimes." No. She builds actual relationships and interactions. Makes up inside jokes and makes them feel special. She can't enter a room without it being a more joyful place after she has left.

Love, words can't do justice to the role you have played in this crazy life we have shared. From meeting on Singled Out to Officiating your wedding I would not trade a single moment of our lives together. You will forever be one of my best friends. I love you so so so so so much. You have made me feel beautiful at times I felt gross. Made me feel important when I felt insignifacnt and made me feel loved when I doubted love at all. I hope that I have been at least a fraction of as great as you have been to me. You are my best friend and I am so excited to see what other antics we get into.

I LOVE YOU!!

Love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. "Love" sounds so lovely! If everyone had a special person like that in their life oh what a wonderful world this would be. Praying 2013 holds only good for you & Love :)

    ReplyDelete